Decorating your house this fall has never been easier or more fun. Transforming your home can be both economical and stylish. Using simple crafts and projects, you can transform a home into an autumn wonderland.
Using Natural Beauty
Add bits of nature to spice up your entryway or home. Use natural elements such as wicker, dried floral arrangements, and corn stalks. Here are some more ideas:
● Hang a warm autumn wreath on your front door
● Create a kitchen table display with pumpkins and leaves
● Try adding a rocking chair with a blanket and pumpkins to cozy up your front porch
● Decorate with corn husks to welcome your guests
● Try a leaf art craft to add a touch of the outdoors
Using Fall Colors
Nearly everyone’s favorite part of Fall is the changing colors. These warm color schemes are best to cozy up your home:
● Use plenty of burnt orange in your decor
● Add the red of a Sugar Maple tree to make key items pop
● Not everything has to be red and orange. Look for more color options to add balance to your home’s color.
● Try adding new wallpaper. See how this wallpaper turned this room into a fairytale cottage
Gourds and pumpkins symbolize autumn more than anything else. Check out all the ways you can bring the pumpkin patch home with you:
● Create a pumpkin patch to welcome your guests inside
● Show some pumpkin pride by adding decals to your pumpkin that represent your hometown or personality
● Paint patterns on your pumpkins to add a design to your natural decoration
● Need more nature in your life? Add foliage to your pumpkin
● For even more ideas on how to turn your pumpkin into a decoration, check out countryliving.com
Create depth in your home by using everyday items to spice up to décor:
● Trying adding old tools to give your home a rustic feel
● Antlers can be used to liven up your living room
● No time for a fire? You can still use firewood to decorate your home
Fall Upgrades That You Will Love
All Year Decorate your home to make it even more special this fall. Adding to the autumn feel will make your home warm and comfortable:
● Add a fireplace to your home. Decorate every season for that warm feel you need
● Add a porch to enjoy the fall weather from the comfort of your own home
● Make the steps to your home a walk to remember by adding a beautiful entryway that gives your home a greater curbside appeal.
To make sure your home is everything you know it can be, look through the Home Design Checklist by CMBA. Whatever your building needs are this fall, make sure you have a professional on your side. See the benefits of an experienced Central Minnesota Builder Association member here, and find your professional today.